Basketball (Women's) Head Coach
815-825-2086, ext. 5380
Associate Head Coach
815-825-2086, ext. 5380
- Complete 2011-12 Season Accomplishments
- Kishwaukee College Women's Basketball Program Records 1982-2010
- Three 1,000 point scorers since 2003
- Ranked Top 3 in WBCA Academic Teams of the Year 8 of the Past 10 Years
- 7 Players honored with All-American Status since 2001
- Program’s First National Ranking 2008-09
- Program’s First 20 win season 2008-09
- 2012 Arrowhead Conference Champions
- 6 NCAA DI student-athletes since 2012
- Arrowhead Conference Champs- NJCAA DII National Tournament 4th Place
2012-13 Post Season Awards
Click here to view a PDF of our post season awards.
Kougars Staying Busy During NCAA Contact Period
The Kishwaukee Women’s basketball team has been host to numerous NCAA DI institutions over the past week of the contact period, with several more confirming interest and travel plans. The Kougars are returning three starters from the team which finished 27-10 and 4th at the NJCAA DII national tournament, and have a talented group of freshmen joining the squad. The sophomores are busy scheduling official and unofficial visits, while several freshmen have received interest and offers for 2014. “We are elated to share in this exciting time for our team. We have worked hard to be in such a prestigious position, and have so much to look forward to” lauds recruiting coordinator Kat Martin of the squad. Helping schedule campus visits for both the players and coaches, she announced the official and unofficial visits of the Kougars to currently include: Auburn University, Indiana State, University of DePaul, University of Illinois at Chicago, Xavier, Missouri, Valpo, UNC-Greensboro, St. John’s University, University of Memphis, Arizona State University, University of Houston, Fresno State University, Eastern Washington University, and San Jose State University. With sophomores looking to sign in November, the Kougars will continue to host multiple NCAA DI schools and announce visit updates throughout the contact and evaluation periods. Congratulations #teamkish as your hard work continues to pay off!
KC Women's Basketball Finishes 4th in the Nation
The Kishwaukee College women's basketball team wrapped up another successful season this past week at the NJCAA DII National Tournament. The Kougars advanced to the Final Four after they upset #3 ranked Kirkwood, before falling to Lake Michigan and Louisburg in the double elimination tournament. The team was ranked fifth in the pre-season poll and finished fourth at the national tournament. Sophomores Devin Mack and Brittany Cochran were both named to the National All-Tournament Team. Mack averaged 22 points and 7 rebounds over the four game tournament while Cochran added 16 points and 9 rebounds a game. The team will return three to an already nationally ranked recruiting class next season.
- 2011 KC Grad Raven Gary officially sets NJCAA Record for most assists in a single game. The NJCAA announced on 10/19 the new records for the 2011-12 season, and Gary now holds a program, Arrowhead Conference, Region IV, and National record for dishing out 19 assists in a win over Sauk Valley. She is now on a full NCAA DI scholarship to Appalachian State in North Carolina.
- The 2011-12 Women's basketball team is already setting records this season as the official pre-season poll was announced 10/20. The Kougars have debuted at #5 this season, entering the nation's top 5 for the first time in school history, and breaking the top 10 for only the second time (previously ranked #7, Nov 2010). The Kougars have been ranked in the past four consecutive pre-season polls and completed three consecutive twenty-plus win seasons.
Devin Mack chosen for WBHF 'Ring of Honor'
Kishwaukee College womens basketball stand-out Devin Mack has been honored by the Womens Basketball Hall of Fame (WBHF) by the inclusion of her 2010-11 season jersey to the WBHF Ring of Honor, a display of over 100 jerseys from the best women basketball players from across the country. The WBHF is located in Knoxville, TN. <<Read More>>
Photos of the women's games, photo credit Todd Smith
Local News Coverage
For more information, statistics and polls, link to these sites.