Click on a frequently asked question to view the answer or you can Show All Answers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who has access to KishSOS?
- All students who have registered for credit courses since Fall 2006.
If you were previously a student and it has been over 2 years since you took credit courses you will need to submit a new Admission form.
If you have been a student since Fall 2006 and are still not able to access KishSOS, there may be many reasons why you can't. Please contact Admissions, Registration, and Records during regular business hours: M-Th. 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, F 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, 815-825-2086 x4900.
Currently enrolled students in High School are not able to register online. They must register in person.
- What do I need to access KishSOS?
- You must have internet access, an e-mail, and a KishSOS account.
- What if I don't know my password?
- Follow this link for a video on KishID & password.
- Are there classes I can not register for in KishSOS?
- Some classes are not available to register through KishSOS and require walk-in registration.
- Adult Education (ABE, ASE, ESL)
- Business and Industrial Development
- Classes that need a prerequisite override or the advisor approval.
- What is KIPP?
- KIPP is the Kishwaukee Installment Payment Plan. Visit www.kishwaukeecollege.edu/go/kipp/ for more information about KIPP.
- I lost my schedule, how do I get a new one printed?
- In KishSOS, under my Student Info, under Academic Profile, click on "My Schedule" and select a semester.
- What is my Kish e-mail address?
- Your Kish e-mail address will be your User ID from KishSOS followed by @st.kishwaukeecollege.edu
- How do I access my Kish Student e-mail?
- Student Email
- Fill in username and password fields and click Sign In.
- To access email, click on the Email link to the right.
- Welcome to your email!
- How do I forward my Kish Student E-mail to another account*?
- From the email screen, click Settings in the upper right hand corner.
- On the settings screen, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP, the fifth tab from the left.
- Choose Forwarding and fill in an email address you'd like your email sent to. Choose an option from the drop down menu.
- Click Save Changes
*If you choose to forward your e-mail, please be advised that all communication from and within the college will use your Kishwaukee student e-mail. When communicating with instructors or employees of the College you are required to use your Kishwaukee College e-mail address.
- How do I change my e-mail account password?
- Follow this link for a video on KishID & password.
- Student can not see "My Student Info" Bar
If a student can login, but can only see two bars of the Student Menu: Log In Help and My Application, they will need to change the resolution size of their monitor.
Follow these steps to reset your monitor's resolution.
- With your mouse, right click on your Desktop. Any part of the desktop without an icon or open window will work.
- From the pop up menu select Properties. (Left click)
- From the new menu select Settings (Left click)
- Under Screen Resolution move the arrow to the right until you see 1024x768
- Select Apply (Left click)
- Select OK (Left click)
- Who do I contact if I can't access KishSOS or Kishwaukee College e-mail?
- Contact the Help Desk via email or phone (815-825-2086, ext. 4357) for the following types of technical issues (please include the error message):
- Password problems with KishSOS, Student email or employee email accounts.
- Other problems logging into KishSOS
- Other problems logging into Student email (@st.kishwaukeecollege.edu)
- Other problems logging into Employee email (@kishwaukeecollege.edu)
- Your new KishSOS password hasn't shown up in your email, even after waiting an hour.
- I have a question and it is not listed here. Who do I call?
Contact the Admissions, Registration, and Records office via email or phone (815-825-2086 ext. 2740) for questions or issues related to the KishSOS registration or admissions screens.
Contact the Business Office via email or phone (815-825-2086 ext. 3410) for questions or issues related to KIPP, or issues related to KishSOS Account Balance or Make a Payment screens.
Contact the Financial Aid office via email or phone (815-825-2086 ext. 2240) for questions or issues related to the KishSOS Financial Aid screens.
Contact the Bookstore via phone (815-825-2086 ext. 2270) for questions or issues related to books.
- What do the abbreviations stand for?
AFDK At Facility in DeKalb
AH - Affiliated Hospital
ANB - American National Bank
ARPT - Airport
BCM - Baptist Campus Ministry
BV Buena Vista
CA - Caukin
CC - Conexion Comunidad
CCA - Cornerstone Christian Academy
CS - Central School
CVCA - Chicago Vocation Career Academy
DC - Day Care Center
DCPS - DeKalb County Public Saftey Building
DCR DeKalb County Rehab/Nursing
DGS - Davenport Grade School
DKHS - DeKalb High School
F - Friday
GGS - Golden Gait Stable
GKFD - Genoa Fire Department
GKHS - Genoa-Kingston High School
HYB - Hybrid
ICHS - Indian Creek High School
KCH - Kishwaukee Community Hospital
KEC - Kishwaukee Education Consortium
M - Monday
NIDU - NIU DuSable
NIEF - NIU Evans Field House
NIMB - NIU Music Building
NIMC - NIU McMurray
NIWZ - NIU Wirtz
OAH - Off Campus Affiliated Hospital
ONL - Online
ORHS - Oregon High School
OSF - Saint Anthony Hospital
PAF - Posted At Facility
PPHS - Paw Paw High School
R - Thursday
RMH - Rockford Memorial Hospital
RCH - Rochelle Community Hospital
RTHS - Rochelle High School
SA - Saturday
SAH - Swedish American Hospital
SHS - Sycamore High School
T - Tuesday
TBA - To Be Advised
SU - Sunday
UP - University Plaza
VL - Various Locations
W - Wednesday
WRFP - Wilkenson/Renwick Marsh Forest Preserve