Kishwaukee College Foundation Awards
Thanks to the generosity of businesses, associations and individuals, the Kishwaukee College Foundation is able to offer over $175,000 to eligible students each year. Scholarships for the fall semester will be awarded during the spring semester. Students may reapply for any remaining funds for the spring and summer semesters during the fall.
These scholarships reward student achievement, encourage student leadership and accomplishment, and provide financial assistance for books, fees, and tuition only. Students are awarded on a competitive basis and an applicant’s GPA, leadership experiences, financial need and personal statements may be used in evaluating applications that meet the scholarship’s specific requirements.
All applications must be submitted through our on-line application process. If you need assistance, please contact:
Kishwaukee College Foundation
815-825-2086 ext. 2660
Additional Scholarships Information
The Kishwaukee Financial Aid Office also has information and applications on several scholarships available to Kishwaukee students, including the Achievement Awards. The Achievement Awards are 20 tuition waivers available to incoming first year students who graduated from district high schools the spring prior to enrolling in Kishwaukee College. These include awards for academic excellence, journalism, forensics, and student government/leadership. Applications are available through the high school guidance offices beginning in early spring each year. For your reference, we have provided a list of scholarship programs offered through the college.
Money Talks: Scholarships
Did you miss our scholarship workshop on February 19th? We've posted slides from the presentation as well as the scholarship web search resources below for your reference. Hopefully we'll see you at the event next year!
The following websites are a great place to start a private scholarship search:
- The College Board https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search
- College Toolkit Scholarship Search http://scholarships.collegetoolkit.com/scholarship/main.aspx
- CollegeNET’s MACH 25 Scholarship Database http://www.collegenet.com/mach25/app
- FastWeb Scholarship Search http://www.fastweb.com/
- FinAid Scholarship Search http://www.finaid.org/
- Fresch Free Scholarship Search http://www.freschinfo.com/
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission http://www.isac.org
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search https://www.collegeanswer.com/scholarships/index.aspx
- Scholarship Experts http://www.scholarshipexperts.com/
- Zinch Scholarship Search http://www.zinch.com/scholarships/
Financial Aid Resources for Minority Students
- American Indian College Fund http://www.collegefund.org/
- Bureau of Indian Education http://www.bie.edu/ParentsStudents/Grants/index.htm
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities http://www.hacu.net
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund http://www.hispanicfund.org/
- National Urban League http://www.nul.org/
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund http://www.thurgoodmarshallfund.net/
- United Negro College Fund http://www.uncf.org/