The Transfer Process
Articulation is the process where one college matches its courses or requirements to course work at another college or university. Students use course articulation to assure that the courses they complete will not have to be repeated at the institution to which they are transferring. Students are strongly encouraged to seek the assistance of a counselor when planning coursework for transfer.
Here are a few of the ways to approach the transfer process:
- Earn one of the following degrees in any of the transfer programs Kishwaukee College offers:
- Associate in Science (AS)
- Associate in Arts (AA)
- Associate in Engineering Science (AES)
- Associate in Fine Arts (AFA)
- Complete the Illinois Articulation Initiative General Education Core before transferring, requiring a minimum of 37 semester hours.
- Use MyCreditsTransfer and learn how courses transfer between Kishwaukee College and other participating institutions in Illinois.
- When you have selected the school you would like to transfer to, it is important that you review their specific admission and course requirements. Follow this link for transfer requirement information on several Illinois colleges.