Available Work Study Positions
Student Worker Hiring Process:
- Locate positions you are interested in either below or outside of the Career Center (C2123)
- Submit the following documents to the supervisor listed on the job description or to the Career Center:
- Student Worker Application
- Class Schedule
- Financial Aid Award Letter (if applicable)
- The supervisor for each department will set up interviews and make a selection from there.
- Once a student is made an offer, they will be required to complete hiring paperwork.
- Please note: ALL positions will require a background check!
- Student Workers are able to work a maximum of 20 hours/week
- Student Workers must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and be taking 6 credit hours at Kishwaukee College for the fall and spring semesters. Your position will be in jeopardy if you do not maintain these two requirements.
- Students are paid directly twice a month and the funds may go towards whatever the student chooses. It does not have to go towards a specific item like books or tuition.
- No positions are guaranteed to students, even if they qualify for Federal Work-Study, everyone must go through the Student Worker Hiring Process above.
Computer Lab Assistant and Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: Adult Education and Transition Programs
POSITION IS OFF CAMPUS AT THE ILLINOIS WORKNET CENTER (650B Peace Rd. Corner of Peace and Pleasant.) Assist customers with accessing Internet, email, and other job related websites. Answering phones and directing customers to appropriate services. Business casual attire must be worn during work hours.
Good computer skills including MS Word; Internet usage and email. Excellent customer service skills. Able to patiently teach others. Dependability is essential.
NUMBER OF HOURS PER WEEK
DAYS OF WEEK
PERSON TO CONTACT
*Return completed application form, including applicable attachments, to the contact person listed above.