Available Work Study Positions
Student Worker Hiring Process:
- Locate positions you are interested in either below or outside of the Career Center (C2123)
- Submit the following documents to the supervisor listed on the job description or to the Career Center:
- Student Worker Application
- Class Schedule
- Financial Aid Award Letter (if applicable)
- The supervisor for each department will set up interviews and make a selection from there.
- Once a student is made an offer, they will be required to complete hiring paperwork.
- Please note: ALL positions will require a background check!
- Student Workers are able to work a maximum of 20 hours/week
- Student Workers must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and be taking 6 credit hours at Kishwaukee College for the fall and spring semesters. Your position will be in jeopardy if you do not maintain these two requirements.
- Students are paid directly twice a month and the funds may go towards whatever the student chooses. It does not have to go towards a specific item like books or tuition.
- No positions are guaranteed to students, even if they qualify for Federal Work-Study, everyone must go through the Student Worker Hiring Process above.
Financial Aid Student Employee
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
Greet and assist students in person and on the phone. Data entry of forms received; scan forms, file and general office duties. Assist students and families with FAFSA and loan applications. Use various software programs and databases.
Must be detail oriented, with high accuracy rate; possess a strong customer service attitude; have a willingness to learn and adapt to changing rules/regulations. Must have the ability to serve a diverse population, in a noisy environment, with frequent interruptions. A strong work ethic required. Work a set schedule each week. Knowledge of Windows based software and computer skills required. Must maintain the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)and strictly adhere to Federal
NUMBER OF HOURS PER WEEK
DAYS OF WEEK
PERSON TO CONTACT
*Return completed application form, including applicable attachments, to the contact person listed above.