Call for Art Submissions
UPDATE: Artists who previously submitted artwork for purchase consideration and have been selected will be contacted by August 10, 2012.
We invite you to submit your artwork to be considered for purchase by Kishwaukee College. We are committed to displaying original artwork in the hallways of our newly constructed building and are seeking to purchase additional pieces to enhance the space. We hope to include work that will create an educational environment to the diverse population of our campus. Kishwaukee College also welcomes donations in the form of artwork.
- First round of work to be considered must be submitted by July 1, 2012
- Work must be ready for display upon arrival and consist of archival materials only.
- Images of work submitted electronically must be as a JPEG, a minimum of 75 dpi, and maximum of 150 dpi and should use the following naming convention: first dot last name and submission number. (Ex: first.lastname1). There is a maximum of five allowed images per submission. Artists will be contacted for larger image files if necessary during the review process.
- Artists are welcome to submit multiple works by repeating the online submission form.
- Images must be accurate representations of the artwork. Work that does not look like the image submitted will be rejected and the artist will be responsible for shipping or picking up the artwork.
- Purchase process is open to graduate students, emerging artists, and professional artists.
- Illinois residency preferred, but not required.
- No limitations on the scale of the artworks submitted.
- All media is welcome for consideration.
Selection Process and Announcements
- The purchase committee consisting of Kishwaukee College faculty and staff will review and make the selections of work to be purchased.
- The committee will consider artistic excellence, regional representation, and cultural diversity.
- For works submitted before July 1, 2012, announcements and/or updates will be made no later than August 1, 2012.
- Additional questions can be forwarded to Steven Hoover, Art Gallery Director, 815-825-2086 ext. 5610 or email@example.com