Adjunct Instructors Arts/Communications/Social Sciences
Dean, Arts/Communications/Social Sciences
The Arts/Communications/Social Sciences Division is accepting applications for part-time instructors for Fall 2013 semester:
- Art (MFA with emphasis in Art History, Graphic Design)
-English-Composition I and II (Master of Arts in English required; experience teaching writing at the community college level preferred)
- English-Developmental Reading and Writing (Bachelor of Arts in English required; Master of Arts in English preferred)
- Psychology (Master of Arts in Psychology required)
- Spanish (Master of Arts in Spanish required)
1. Be familiar with the philosophy and objectives of the College.
2. Provide instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of the College and within the scope of the defined course of study.
3. Prepare the course syllabus and e-mail to your Division Secretary prior to the first day of class.
4. Textbooks are typically selected by full time faculty, but for departments without full time faculty, adjunct faculty may be involved in the selection process. Other teaching resources (instructor texts, publisher websites, etc.) may also be available from the Division Office.
5. Meet all assigned classes for duration and number of sessions assigned and maintain scheduled hours.
6. Evaluate student progress through regularly scheduled tests, examinations and by other appropriate methods.
7. Keep accurate records and submit all reports and records when required.
8. Refer to the counseling service any students whose scholastic or personal needs require special attention.
9. Attend required orientation.
10. Attend meetings with the Dean or Associate Dean as requested.
11. Attend periodic advisory meetings as determined by the Dean (if applicable).
12. Encourage reasonable conduct of students in classrooms and on the campus.
13. Notify the Division Office of any changes in outside employment, address, phone numbers, etc.
ALL transfer classes (100 level and above) require a Masters in the discipline.
To teach developmental English classes, a Bachelors Degree in English, Language Arts, or Illinois certification in related discipline required, Masters Degree in English or Reading preferred, or a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in English or Reading.
Submit copies of transcripts with application.
Forward resume, a completed Kishwaukee College application, resume, a cover letter of interest/introduction that specifically addresses your qualifications for the position and unofficial copies of your transcripts (officials required upon hire).
21193 Malta Road
Malta, IL 60150
Application forms are available in the Business Office or download from the College website. (available in PDF or Word format)
Review of applications will begin upon receipt, and will continue until the position is filled.
If you have specific questions about the position, please , Interim Dean, Arts/Communications/Social Sciences or call 815-825-2086, ext. 5460.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability needing reasonable accommodations to ensure an equal opportunity in applying for this position, please contact
Kishwaukee College celebrates, values, and affirms a diverse workforce and enthusiastically encourages persons from diverse groups to apply.