About KCAA Membership
Chapter of State Universities Annuitants Association
What is the KCAA?
The KCAA is one of over forty-five local chapters affiliated with the State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA) – which is a not-for-profit 501(c) (4) organization created in 1971 to advocate a strong and secure public employee pension and health benefit system. SUAA is a voluntary member association of annuitants and active employees.
The Kishwaukee College Annuitants Association was organized on May 7, 2002 to become a local chapter of SUAA.. At that meeting we discussed the formation of a local chapter for the following reasons:
- Protect and improve SURS benefits for $30 per year. Even if you live outside of Illinois, your pension needs protection and improvement.
- Conduct chapter meetings with colleagues. Chapters establish their own activities and number of meetings.
- Participate in social events and service projects.
- Keep informed on issues important to SURS annuitants through newsletters/meetings.
- Keep local legislators aware of items pertinent to SURS annuitants.
The State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA) is an effective advocate for the 135,000 SURS annuitants and participants. SUAA is a recognized leader in public higher education on pension and benefit issues.
Membership in the KCAA shall be open to all of the following:
Membership in KCAA is open to all members of the State Universities Retirement System (SURS) including the following:
- Annuitants of Kishwaukee College
- Employees of Kishwaukee College who have SURS taken out of their paychecks
- Spouses or surviving spouses of annuitants
Membership in the KCAA includes membership in the State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA).
Membership dues are $30.00/year. If you are a retiree you may elect to have the dues amount automatically deducted from your retirement benefit for membership dues. If you are a current Kishwaukee College employee you may elect to have the dues amount automatically deducted from you payroll check.