About KCAA Membership
Chapter of State Universities Annuitants Association
What is the KCAA?
The KCAA is one of over forty-five local chapters affiliated with the State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA) – which is a not-for-profit 501(c) (4) organization created in 1971 to advocate a strong and secure public employee pension and health benefit system. SUAA is a voluntary member association of annuitants and active employees.
The Kishwaukee College Annuitants Association was organized on May 7, 2002 to become a local chapter of SUAA.. At that meeting we discussed the formation of a local chapter for the following reasons:
- Protect and improve SURS benefits for $30 per year. Even if you live outside of Illinois, your pension needs protection and improvement.
- Conduct chapter meetings with colleagues. Chapters establish their own activities and number of meetings.
- Participate in social events and service projects.
- Keep informed on issues important to SURS annuitants through newsletters/meetings.
- Keep local legislators aware of items pertinent to SURS annuitants.
The State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA) is an effective advocate for the 135,000 SURS annuitants and participants. SUAA is a recognized leader in public higher education on pension and benefit issues.
Membership in the KCAA shall be open to all of the following:
Membership in KCAA is open to all members of the State Universities Retirement System (SURS) including the following:
- Annuitants of Kishwaukee College
- Employees of Kishwaukee College who have SURS taken out of their paychecks
- Spouses or surviving spouses of annuitants
Membership in the KCAA includes membership in the State Universities Annuitants Association (SUAA).
Membership dues are $30.00/year. If you are a retiree you may elect to have the dues amount automatically deducted from your retirement benefit for membership dues. If you are a current Kishwaukee College employee you may elect to have the dues amount automatically deducted from you payroll check.
You can printout the form on this website and mail in to Donna Keller. If you have any questions about becoming a member, contact: